COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
The College of Medicine and Health Sciences recently received approval from Nigeria’s National Universities Commission. Under the College of Medicine and Health Sciences, the Faculty of Basic Medical Science admitted its first batch of students in the 2018/2019 academic year and admission for the Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) programme in the 2019/2020 academic year.
The academic programs of the College are designed to meet the National Universities Commission Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards and to produce well-rounded scientists that will meet the global standards in the world of Medical Sciences.
The College benefits hugely from the functional and best-in-class teaching hospital – Rhema University Teaching Hospital for its clinical, practicals, and research projects, as well as well-equipped laboratories, and conducive lecture halls for lectures and class work.
Faculties & Departments
The College of Medicine and Health Sciences has four faculties and each of these faculties is headed by a Dean and has several departments.
These faculties are:
Faculty of Health Sciences
- Department of Nursing Science
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Optometry
- Department of Physiotherapy
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Biochemistry
Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences
- Department of Anatomy Pathology
- Department of Chemical Pathology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Haematology
- Department of Pharmacology
Faculty of Clinical Medicine
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Department of Pediatrics